Monday, July 7, 2008

NYC's Ago Review

The Greenwich Hotel|379 Greenwich St. (N. Moore St.) Manhattan, NY 10013
Phone:
212-925-3797

AGO Reviewed
-Went with friends for brunch on Sunday. The interior/decor throughout was done well to fit into the Tribeca area - looks like an upscale renovation of an old warehouse/building - you wouldn't know that only a few years ago it was just a parking lot! I had the best rendition of eggs benedict - probably ever. The entire staff was wonderful, pleasent and attentive. We will come back for dinner.

-I have eaten here twice, it was great both times. the space is beautiful and i did not find it noisy at all. price quoted includes a lot of wine (1 bottle & two glasses) and 5 desserts.

-I love Ago in South Beach so I couldn't wait for the one in NYC to open being a local... I told my friends for weeks how great the food was etc.. We finally go and the highly intoxicated hostesses rudely greeted us and made us wait for an hr even though we had reservations! The food wasn't that great and I felt bad for my guests but, I will say our server was very attentive. I will not be going back.

-New York has an abundance of very good Italian restaurants, and many hot spots serving great food and nice service. I've dined here twice and see no reason to return: completely forgetful, unconcerned service and food that was bland and unimaginative.

If you've eaten at AGO or even work there, Leave some comments about your experiences!

Also See:
Waiter Rant
Madonna Drama
Heath Ledger likely to be nominated for OSCAR

No comments:

Twitter TeamWork